Monday, September 04, 2006

After the Wedding Expo.... my Thoughts... my Experience

Just came from the wedding expo over five hours ago. My experience? As always, I have to congratulate Sharon and Dojie Fabian and the entire staff of Themes and Motifs for a job well done. Over-all, they managed to pull it off once again. From NBC tent to the PICC's Forum gave me a bit of comparison and personally, though history at it now , i'd commend the NBC tent's previous wedding expo experiences than this 9th edition with its new home.
Indeed rules were given and had to be followed. I may have requested my assistant Paulo to attend the suppliers' meeting for me but I made sure that I was endorsed thoroughly with what was taken up during the meeting. I was absent only once in all editions of the wedding expo (except the wedding summit also organized by T&M)and I didn't have any unfavorable experience with that. Themes and Motifs are known for their strict implementation of the rules, discipline, and being well organized and I do admire them for that. From the ID cards, to the layout, to the time, etc. I realized that the venue's operations' staff were simply too annoying and has treated us with arrogance and intimidation. I'm such a rationale person. In fact, I do believe that when rules are set, they were meant to be followed and abided. I wouldn't go into details until I'm requested to do so. Moreover, I am firm to believe that only the legitimate T&M personnel should officialy approach us with whatever concerns there is pertinent with the exhibition and never with any of the venue's staff members. Maybe these people does not realize that what we pay our organizers are hard earned financial resources and is not a joke assuming that kind of amount only to be treated with such audacity. Or maybe even by voice paging in the hall, we were adviced about these approaches. I just hate being mistaken for a liar. Some incompetent PICC staff who pretends to be "know it all" creatures!
Indeed I'm upset with the treatment along with some other exhibitors in my zone at least. Even the exit point were so inconsiderately far for us exhibitor suppliers coming from the other end of the venue. I even regret for the major caterer sponsor who wasn't able to serve food for us exhibitors and were just limited to the audience's tasting buds. With the hot humid temperature outside, we were made to walk outside just to get to a place to eat.
Over all, I still congratulated Sharon for all their efforts and success in mounting this exposition. An honest kudos they deserve. As for the venue's pawns, a more friendly approach to us on the next edition. After all, we suppliers are the ones who supports our reputable events organizers to make this activity event a reality as well.
Just one more thought in my mind. I hope the "Weddings@work" of John and Benz will be back at the next WE edition. We sure did miss them.

No comments: