Friday, August 28, 2009

Twyne at Eighteen ( Christine O. Durmiendo Debut, August 15, 2009)




I've known Twyne (or Tintin), since she was a little girl. She's Romy and Ondette's daughter, dear friends that I've known way back in medical school. Oh well, there's got a lot to be grateful for getting into med school. I've met a lot of wonderful real people. Time flies so fast, I was surprised when Ondette called me that Twyne's 18th birthday was fast approaching and being her designer for so many years , once again, she has entrusted her daughter's ball dress fit for her 18th birthday.




It was a masquerade themed debut and I used colors that best describe Twyne. I also made the dress for the Ondette and Sophia, their youngest daughter and my "inaanak" as well. That's how bonded we are all these years. We do not frequent each other's company but the warmth of the friendship has stayed. It was a modest event. The venue was at the Plaza Ibarra along Timog Avenue in Quezon City. The food was great and was had so much choices and was more than enough for all their invited guests. Twyne saw to it that her party was planned very well. From the invites, to the physical set up and props of the event was meticulously handled by the celebrant herself. The cotillion dance was well executed. You will definitely see the closeness of their family with there relatives as this was an all Durmiendo - Olifernes Event Productions. Along with the other programs of the event, it was a success.

I can't do a Houdini this time. Its very seldom that I stay thru the entire celebration. But of course there will be exceptions. This was one of them. The turnout of this event is one to be remembered. I look forward to Sophia's turn.

No comments: