Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Lady Di in a Renaissance theme ( Diana Gatlabayan Debut, October 14, 2006)




We're bound for Antipolo this time, the Gatlabayans' bailwick. At 4 pm we luckily arrived after the traffic ordeal at the Ortigas Avenue Extension stretch. We immediately saw Diana's beautiful transformation from a lass to a lady as Jackie Rivera was finishing the debutant's hair do. The make-up was likewise stunning. I felt happy that Rico and Laura (Diana's whimsical godparents, aka fairies) as well as Marie, the debutant's sister accommodated my recommendation to get the services of the Jackie for this theme. I didn't fail my celebrant after all. Indeed, Jackie Rivera is a world class hair & make-up artist. The Gatlabayans were such warm and hospitable hosts. Sir Joven was so admirable for his humility as the Patriarch and goes the same with Madame Mel as the matriarch.
At the fourth level of their Palace, we watched Diana do her pictorials as the staff of Jorge's Portrait does the job side by side with its videographers. Everything went on smoothly and by 6:30 pm we all headed for Jamesville Resort Pavillon where the grand celebration will be held. Flowers and Foliage did a wonderful job on the floral creation and set up of the place including ceiling decorations. I rarely stay and join my client's celebration. This is one of the rare times that I get to stay in the entire celebration. A well planned and organized debut celeration I must commend.

No comments: