Saturday, March 31, 2007

SHOW PROPER: Grand Allure Collection, Philippine Fashion Week 2007


<

It took me weeks to conceptualize, design, create this collection for the Philippine Fashion Week 2007. It was a great experience week for me. The day of the show itself saw us bringing in the collections at 3:10pm. Models and hair and make-up artists were busy preparing the models for the 4:00pm show of Triumph fashions. We headed straight to the backstage to keep my collections in place.
My three assistants, Glecy, Mercy and Paulo all got the dresses inside the small and
packed dressing rooms. I noticed that some designers are still having their gowns fitted by the models. We're 21 designers all in all for the evening's show. Their assistants were ironing, steam pressing, refurbishing their collections. What a busy sight!
I knew I came in prepared. We were very relaxed (Edwin, Susie, Dennis, Jerome of FWDP) while anticipating for the show to begin. I had to go back to the office for a while to prepare some more things needed for the show and making sure that all my staff gets the priviledge to watch the show and see the fruits of their labor. By 6pm I was back in the tent to wait for dressing time and for the show to begin. It was a big event and excitement for us FWDP members. The show was well presented, flawless without glitches. Comments I received was that as a whole, all the collections were ok. Over-all it was a successful show with dignitaries, celebrities, models, junior and senior designers both foreign and locals around and most of all our invited clients. The hair and make-up team comprised of Jackie Rivera who did the fabulous hair-styles of the models creating a one-look appearance, Jinky Ilusorio, Marlon Suarez et al. Raymond Villanueva was the formidable director for the show. The models who wore my collections comprised of Ornusa Cadness, Paulette Quinto, Michelle Panemanglor, Jasmine Maierhofer, Mia Ayesa, Ava Abejar, Rowena Rebosano, Chrisel, Melissa Frye and Gionna Cabrera. The ever pleasant Sao Salinda was the coordinator for the designers with Producers Audie Espino and Joey Espino of Runway Productions as the heads.










1 comment:

Gracie G. said...

Congratulations on your collection and successful fashion event! More power to you and your staff!