Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Beach Wedding and Attire Trashing for US based Couple (Sanchez - Vasquez Wedding)

This is a one year in the making wedding preparation.  Dave and Gladys and their families have migrated to the United States but still chose to tie the knot in the Philippines.  The exact location is in San Juan, Batangas.  Yes! its one of those wedding destinations that I feel so near and yet so far.  San Juan de Nepomuceno Parish was the ceremony venue and Palm Beach in  Brgy. Hugom, after Laiya .  The farthest classy beach resort  in Laiya area as I thought of and  forget about using your mobile phones.  It is such an ordeal to obtain a signal.



Sorry for my Globe mobile number.  Not a bit of a signal.  I hope cell sites have been added or improved at the very least.
David and Gladys arranged for our accommodations the day before their morning event.  Thank God Paulo was there to assist me with driving or was he driving most of the time? Hmmm..... I could hardly recall.
Again, the ever energetic Chacha Datu-Arevalo of Lifestyle Party Planners, was to run this morning event. She would be the reception's host and emcee.
http://www.facebook.com/joellbautista
It pays a lot to be handled by senior suppliers like Chacha the wedding planner, Of course the ever famous Penk Ching of the Pastry bin who did their wedding cake,  Chito Cleofas the Photographer, Danny Catalbas team of hair and make-up artist. Ian Cruz , the wedding videographer likewise impressed me with the on-site-video and Glady's fabulous bridal bouquet by Flowers and beyond.
We arrived on an early evening from a close to a 4 hour drive from Manila. Settled in our assigned rooms , rested for a while and went on to see the bride in her room with her family to check her bridal attire and check the accessories making sure that they are all accounted for.  Iron and steam pressing was  thoroughly
made by my staff making sure that Glady's gown is well pressed for tomorrow's morning wedding.




Unfortunately the rooms assigned to us where not that proximal to Glady's room an it took us some time to reach the suite they were occupying.  Nevertheless we were able to do our task .
The early morning drizzle for a while threatened us that we might be having a wet event but eventually ceased.  Chito and Ian were already there when me and my staff went to Glady's dressing area.  
Gladys wedding gown? Oh my!  Chito had the gown in the body form brought in the rocky areas of the beach for photo shooting and Ian was not to be left behind.
It would take a seasoned photographer to conceptualize that shot and  Ian was at pace.  Soon it was time to dress up the bride.  Her bridal bouquet of cascading Phalaenopsis orchids looked so fresh and eye-catching.
I knew my wedding gown was not far behind. The frou-frou part of the gown was created on top and not the usual skirt.  A traditional a-line skirt with a detachable train.  Customized embroidery with gold threading highlighted the design creating a three-dimensional look.

We had to leave early, the distance from the resort to the Church is not a joke.  But amazingly it was a straight route all the way on smooth asphalt road giving us a swift ride.  The road turning was only a few meters from the church.  The colors were in matted gold  for the mothers and metallic bronzy brown for the entire female entourage as per the couple's choice of color .  



I created a Tuxedo for David using a special pineapple fabric all the way from Aklan.  The design was geometric in inspiration with perforations.  As my supplier describes the design and termed it as "ringue" (ring-ge).  I had it overlay-ed to the tuxedo which made it more interesting and the current tuxedo fashion detail in matted satin piping.  I used a cream- khaki colored wool for the pants which event turned out to create a more classy look. 
David and Gladys' wedding cake by PENK CHING of the Pastry Bin
Like the usual Houdini, me and my staff headed back for Manila a few minutes after Gladys has finally commenced with her bridal March. Chacha was on top with her work doing her job every inch of the way. But I had left.  My work is done anyway and was able to witness the jolly and emotional bridal March from the groom until the bride.


I was on my way home and they all had to go back to the Palm beach resort for the reception.  I learned that the reception party was a big success.  
Wait till I saw the other pictures, the couple was immersed on the beach clad in their wedding attires.  It was a "Thrash the dress" eventuality.  I thought I will be shocked.  But why would I be? I thought Dave and Gladys had a great time with further pictorials with their wet wedding attires.  I just hoped they had it cleaned immediately after the wedding event.  A wonderful couple with a wonderful family.  Nope its not leg pulling time.  My one year of preparation for the attires they required me to do, (complete attires for all the male and female participants) went well.  I couldn't recall any incident of a wardrobe malfunction.  Yes! this was a very successful event.  This wonderful couple are to be remembered for the longest time I could. 

***some pictures captured from David and Glady's site.
  Photography by CHITO CLEOFAS PHOTOGRAPHY
  Video by IAN CRUZ FILMS           

No comments: