Friday, October 23, 2009

A Traditional Catholic Wedding in Oman ( Sameer - Agustin Wedding, October 15, 2009)




Jane Agustin was a graduating tourism major when I first met her. She graciously accomodated my invitation to be my model for pictorials during my beginnings as a full time bridal gown designer and as an active participant in bridal fairs nine years back. She was the very first model to appear in my very first website design. After five years of absence, she suddenly called me to inform me that she is finally tying the knot. It was an overseas call all the way from Oman where she is based working as an flight attendant for Oman Air. The fortunate groom-elect is Faddi Sameer, a Catholic Iraqi physician likewise based in Oman.




Faddi and Jane had to fly here to make the necessary arrangments. So uncertain of the finality of their wedding preparations with the date and all, they gave utmost priority to Jane's wedding gown. I'm so fortunate Jane hasn't forgotten me after all. She is commissioning me to do her wedding gown along with her female entourage gowns. The energetic Jane has remained the same but more sophisticated now. She knows what she wants and has trusted me to collaborate with the design and making of the dress.
She got what she wanted. It was a happy Catholic wedding event in an Arab land. And love is in the air. Wishing Faddi and Jane all the married bliss.

Note: Photos taken from the Facebook site of Fadi Assad, MD

No comments: