Monday, August 21, 2006

an 18th Birthday.......(Ays de Velez debut, August 19, 2006 )




It was Ays de Velez's 18th birthday celebration last saturday. Everything was on schedule as preparation went on for that day. I knew of a proud mom that evening, Tess as she gave an all out support for this debut party from the very first day it was planned. She was no director for the event but a supportive listener. It made my work much easier and inspiring. No pretending know-hows. As for the gowns which I created for them, it was based on trust and confidence that I will deliver it as how they expected me to come up with it. I was given the free hand with the design and style. We were all happy and harmonious preparing and assisting Ays in dressing up. I sneaked at the ballroom and saw a filled hall. I knew this event suceeded. Wylma Vittali of Events Network coordinated the entire proceedings. As the debutant entered EDSA Shangri-la's ISLA ballroom, it hinted that our work was done from there.......

No comments: