Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Friday Debut Celebration in June ( Eda Octaviano's 18th Birthday, June 21, 2013)

Mrs. Millet Octaviano accompanied her daughter Eda who is celebrating her 18th birthday in my office months back.  It was a trust at first sight.  My appreciation to Chacha Datu of Lifestyle Party Planners for recommending me to the Octavianos to make their event attires. Gowns, shoes and bags were to be customized.  I was asked to design a debutant's main gown in shades of lavander and purple, Eda's favored color shades.  Eventually this hues of color were to be made for Eda, Ma'm Millet and her sister Eloise.  For some time there was much silence in terms of  being in touch with them as often as possible.  Ma'm Millet I thought was into her deep thoughts if was attending to their concerns.  Little did they know that I was up and about doing the frou frou skirt of Eda.
A few weeks before Eda's event, we set a meeting for the second time .  It was my fitting date with Eda and was my time to attend to Ma'm Millet and Eloise attires for the event.  I can understand their sense of anxiousness pertaining to my coming up with the deadline for their concerns.  I committed a timeline for their remaining attire  requirements and finished everything a week before the event and was time to claim all the gowns, shoes and bags.  It was a good thing everything fitted in their van.  Eda's detailed skirt dress,  a real bouffant petticoat, Ma'm Millet and Eloise's gown, a real huge hard box for keeping Eda's dress after the event and the body form I was lending them.
The weather and the traffic situation in the city wasn't so cooperative.  It was raining and the horrendous traffic made it difficult for us to arrive on time.  There was no atmosphere of a panic mode in the Presidential suite they were into ( room 808) of the Bay Leaf Hotel in Intramuros, Manila.  Realizing that our arrival was reasonable as they decided to have a final rehearsal again in the ballroom. In the meantime it was a good moment to chat with Ma'm Millet as we both sat in the receiving room of the their suite.  Soon it was time to  attended to their dressing up when Eda and Eloise came back and made  sure they were all  tucked  up properly in their dresses.










Everything went well.  I had a good bonding with Ma'm Millet and I wasn't able to leave immediately when she personally invited me to be with them for the actual celebration  and soon after,  I along with my staff were inside the ballroom seated in one of the tables in the ballroom filled with  Eda's schoolmates from high school and college along with the Octavianos'  friends and relatives who were all there to witness formal Eda's coming out in the society.  Soon I realized I was part of the reception which rarely happens.





                                           

 The program was very organized, even the cotillion dance was well executed.  The pacing of the program was not exactly fast tracked but I did not get the feeling that the program was getting boring like other debut celebrations that could get lousy because of the various sequence segments of a  typical 18th birthday celebration program..  Felt good and happy seeing the debut-celebrant  Eda carrying the gown very well and  with poise and  grace.  I had to leave earlier  realizing that I ran out of a medicine that I have to take at that hour.  Approaching Ma'm Millet to express my gratitude and gratefulness for all the trust and confidence she gave me  with their dresses and was time to say goodbye for the moment.
                                                       
                               
                                                    

Its the start of a friendship worth keeping .  Felt  the kindness and sincerity of Ma'm Millet.  An additional list of the wonderful moms that I've  kept and treasured all these years .  More than anything else, its a job properly done for me.  I hope to do even better in my future commitments. 

No comments: