Friday, June 14, 2013

"WEDDING INQUIRY", TO BE OR NOT TO BE, MY THOUGHTS........

 I am a responsible professional event (wedding, debut, special events) supplier. I am up and about with my replies to inquiries.
I treat every inquiry as if I am giving them pointers in considering decisions for their concerns.  It’s not just about being able to give your price quotation to every inquiry.  I am very thorough.  I'm sure other suppliers/vendors share the same sentiment when we are treated like a piece of s_ _ _ .  When they just stop following you up after many e-mails and exchange of thoughts and ideas.  When you thought and feel like it’s almost there and would be requested to send them your working contract or even set a personal appointment inquiry in your office or elsewhere and signing of contract to follow immediately.  Like they make a schedule to meet you up via SKYPE, but they themselves fail to come up with their presence and concern regardless of reason.  Or after a lot of correspondence via e-mail, they suddenly cease without any form of notice like vanishing in thin air.
I consider my professional undertakings real so I hope we suppliers are treated accordingly most especially when we are very responsive to them despite corresponding with them only on an inquiry status.
Some of us suppliers are guilty of doing the same to inquiring potential clients.  Of course like these inquiries, we provide all the reasons in the world to make an excuse why some of us do not respond.  It’s not of my interest to know why.  An indirect tit for tat experience with inquiries.  Likewise I hear stories from these inquiries that other supplier does not respond to their queries or it takes a while for some suppliers to respond.
Let us (suppliers / vendors) all take our job seriously.  Yes!  It would be better if we just delete our business e-mails if we are not conscious that e-mail inquiries should be addressed accordingly and with sense of urgency.  Too bad for suppliers like me who are very attentive and diligent with inquiries to potential clients.  I defy being typecast-ed with suppliers as such.
This is my cause and I hope future inquiries will be very professional as well. No! I refuse to give up.  It’s not a "c'est la vie" mode for me.  Oh yes, I can only be speaking for myself.  But that's how my mind is set about this concern.  Being a professional the moment you open your door to someone who is knocking and hoping they are accommodated properly.  
This is not about frustration.  This is writing about appropriateness, setting a good example and being dedicated not just to our craft but to our level of professionalism.  I continue to be optimistic.  One day, I will have to stop e-mailing lost-to-follow up inquiries.  I agree, it’s not just our (suppliers) fault.  Some irresponsible inquiring individuals should likewise be reprimanded for their uncanny behaviors towards us.  Sometimes you get the feeling that they are just toying on us or to put it bluntly, window shopping on suppliers.  Or I hope they are not part of us suppliers spying on other suppliers prices!  Oh no!  But this is not remote.  It’s starting to get complicated.  I am open to reasons, discussions, opinions, recommendations, and hopefully some conclusions.  Moving forward still and determined.  I am inspired to perform my task and excel on it.







No comments: