Monday, June 10, 2013

Barongs for my Fil-Am First Cousin for his Wedding at Maui, HI (May 24, 2013)

I feel honored and privileged that my cousin Phil Rem all the way from New Jersey has been messaging me and has commissioned me to do his barong tagalog along with the rest of the guys.
Some Caucasians in a Barong in Maui , Hawaii.
A Filipino-heritage infested state of the US. Hawaii, a state with a high standard of living. The more in Maui. Bur I am very certain Phil has prepared for this.
I am using a piña-silk sinuksok design for Phil along with callado ( perforated design detail) that should make it look more elegant and fitting for a groom's attire. He had only 2 special endorsement. A spread collar and a french cuff. Just the way I see him very fitting in this barong detail style. For my uncle Oscar, Sr. , its likewise a piña-silk sinuksok pattern for him that has a resemblance with the groom's attire. I am all set to start . Just waiting for the barongs that I commissioned to be made in piña-jusi but with hand embroidered detail. Big and tall men the line to serve as Phil's male entourage. This is going to be an exciting celebration and union of two families. I hope I could be there to personally witness the event but my condition will not allow me go. I wish Phil and my other three cousins will have great time with this wedding event.







No comments: